Having multiple user accounts on a computer facilitates numerous individuals to use a single device without hassle. For instance, if two people share the same computer for working on different projects, they can create different user accounts to keep their respective files and data separately. Doing so not only simplifies the management of files but also provides users privacy and security.
Every Mac and Windows PC offers users numerous ways to create multiple user accounts.
Similar to macOS, Windows also offers users many ways, following which users can create new user accounts and delete existing ones. Windows 11, the latest version of the Windows operating system, facilitates the creation of multiple user accounts easily. Moreover, it also features numerous functionalities and options for users to delete user accounts they no longer require. This article will cover some of the most popular ways Windows 11 users can create and remove users on their PCs. Let us dive right into it:
How to Add A New User in Windows 11
One of the most efficient ways of creating a new user account on Windows 11 is using the Settings app.
- By Using the Settings App
- Step 1 – Open the Settings app manually or use the dedicated keyboard shortcut (Windows Key + I) to access the app quickly.
- Step 2 – Open the Accounts section and click “Family other users.”
- Step 3 – Click on the “Add Account” option beside the “Add other user” option.
- Step 4 – The new account window will open up. Follow the instructions to create a new user account.
- By Using Command Prompt
- Step 1 – Access the Command prompt utility by searching for it in the taskbar’s search field and opening it as the administrator.
- Step 2 – Type “net user NAME PASS /add.” Replace “NAME” with the username and “PASS” with the password.
- Step 3 – Hit the enter button to confirm.
How to Remove Existing Users on Windows 11:
1. By Using the Settings Utility
Step 1 – Navigate to the “Settings” utility by searching for it in the taskbar or pressing the Windows and “I” keys together.
Step 2 – Open the Accounts sections and click on “Family and other users”
Step 3 – If you have multiple user accounts on your Windows PC, select the one you wish to delete and click on “Remove.”
Step 4 – To delete the account and all its data, click on the “Delete account and data option.”
2. By Using Control Panel
Step 1 – Search for the Control Panel and open it using the start menu.
Step 2 – Open “User Accounts” and click on “Remove User Accounts”
Step 3 – If you have multiple user accounts, select the one you wish to delete and click on the “Delete the Account” option.
Step 4 – Click “Delete Files” and “Delete Account.”
Tech blog Insider is a Platform used to inform those in business and closely-related field (such as Software, Product reviews, Website reviews, Gadgets information and latest technology in market) about best practices, news, and trends in the industry. These blogs keep you up-to-date and well-versed in this ever-changing business sector. Adaptive Insights even writes about specific causes and events that matter to them as a company (such as social causes, employee and customer success, etc.) so readers get to know them on a deeper level.